To make sour dough pancakes you need a lot of sour dough! To do this, refresh your starter as follows:
1. Scrape the sour dough starter (1 cup/225 grams) out of the container into a mixing bowl.
2. Add 2 and 1/2 cups (375 grams) of white wheat bread flour (please do not use any other kind of flour).
3. Add 2 cups (16 fluid oz / 480 grams) of warm water.
4. Stir this all around – it should be the consistency of thick custard or runny honey – cover it with some plastic wrap and leave it for 12-24 hours. The longer you leave it, the more sour it will be.
5. Take a cup out (8 oz/225 grams) and pop it back in the fridge!
Mix the remainder of the sour dough with:
2 tablespoons (30 mls, 26 grams) vegetable oil
1/4 cup (60 mls/60 grams) milk
1 cup of blueberries (optional)
In a separate bowl, mix together:
1 tsp (7 grams) salt
1 tsp (7 grams) baking soda
2 tablespoons (25 grams) sugar
Sprinkle this on top of the sour dough mixture and then fold in gently.
Let this rest for 15 minutes and then make pancakes in a hot frying pan or griddle that has been greased with a little oil and butter.
This recipe will make 25-30 pancakes that are about 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter.